Web Analytics and Web Statistics by NextSTAT Caffeinated Cogitation: Gurgaon

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Gurgaon

1. I apologise for the poor fonts.
2. The above point stresses that I , still, am alive.


The title of this post aptly describes my geographical co-ordinates vis-à-vis now.
People live like animals here. This is an understatement.

We, on the other hand, found ourselves a room fit for Caesar himself. The process involving finding it is probably the most horrific tale ever told.
The second most horrific tale ever told is how Sobby and I have been appearing for interviews left and right.
I shall not go into details right now.
We have been sweating it out in the city for more than a week now.
We’ve been surviving on Aallu ke paranthe all day for 8 days straight. (an egg roll thrown in for good measure).

Everytime we turn the T.V on we are either greeted by the Mr. Reshamiya’s voice or Amitabh Bachhan’s Waqt (The race against time, I might add.)

I believe I am encountering the sum total of whatever bad luck I were to have in a lifetime.

Depression, or any of its first cousins, however, find themselves distanced from us.

We’ve been roaming the malls after 11:00 P.M only to find everything closed down. If this weren’t enough we ended up spending Rs. 307 at Barista.

Our ride back home nearly cost us an additional Rs. 300.

All in all, I deem it fit to say that our stay here has been one of either extremes.
Jeopardy and horrendous luck in one end and the familiar sit back and relax routine at the other.

This, in all fairness, is not even the beginning of what we’ve undergone in the past week but I’m hoping it serves as
a reminder to everyone that Gurgaon, clearly, is not for the weak hearted.

If I were given an opportunity to change anything about our experience here, I’d change nothing.

Gurgaon, much like life, is what you want it to be.

Goodnight
A.G

P.S - I’m at 98913 62707. There.

2 Comments:

Blogger Inderjeet Singh Sodhi said...

We will not be meetin for a long long time now my friend so this is sidhi wishing u a very happy-
rakshabandhan
independence day
dusshera
diwali and may be xmas
keep th efaith
tc
jeet

2:49 AM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

I shall quote Hardy here " Ha ha ha".

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home