Web Analytics and Web Statistics by NextSTAT Caffeinated Cogitation: Dream On

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Dream On

Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter 'n sing for the tears
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good lord will take you away

Dream on, dream on, dream on
Dream yourself a dream come true
Dream on, dream on, dream on
Dream until your dream comes true
Dream on, dream on, dream on
Dream on, dream on, dream on, dream on

I have nothing substantial to do tonight so I thought I might as well post.
There is a strong possibility that whatever I may write tonight may prove to be gibberish but I shall type anyways. Even if it is just to kill time.

I find myself engaged in listening to Dream On by Aerosmith, right now.

It moves me no end every time I listen to it. Not only are Tyler’s vocal amazingly impressive (especially towards the end of the song) but it places emphasis on the importance of dreams. On how we must never give up dreaming.

If anything can be dreamt up then it can, you better believe it, be achieved.
History is proof of the same.

The V8 engine was an engineering impossibility. It is now one of the most significant advancements to have taken place in the automobile industry.

Elvis was told by a record company to Go back to drivin’ a truck.

Wilma Rudolph (a polio victim), who was told by doctors that she’d never walk, won 3 gold medals at the 1960 Olympics.

Please do not bother telling me it cannot be done again.
Circumstances can be the Achilles Heel or a stepping stone whichever way you choose to interpret them.

The only reason people get bogged down by circumstances is because they allow themselves that luxury and not because circumstances wield any significant threat or power over them.

I say this, not even God dares to deny a man something he truly sets out to achieve. The principle of Karma really does work.

Anyone who tells you about your incapability to execute any task is lying, blatantly, in your face.

It is amazing what a man can achieve if he is willing to focus his mind, and therefore his resources, on anything.
I say this for I have seen it happen first hand.

The realm of possibility is wider than our wildest dreams.



PLEASE; realize that and you might just change your life forever. I know I did.

Miracles are not fictional happenings. They are the harvest of the mind.

The mind is an amazing thing. Science will not tell you that. Maybe this is because science does not quite realize the true capabilities of the mind as yet.

It is the mind that houses your attitude, which, in turn, defines your attitude. Your attitude, again, in turn, defines your persona which, yet again, in turn, defines who you really are.

Fear is another thing that causes many a brave souls to abort their paths. Everybody has fears. Everybody. Bravery lies in facing them, not defeating them. I, too, am trying to face up to my fears. I have failed, miserably, but it is because of these failures that I now understand fear like never before.

We fear something, mostly, because of what unprecedented outcomes we might have to contend with as a result of facing up to that fear.

Fear of facing the truth, of facing the world, of facing our own selves, is something that engulfs an absolute majority of us. Most of us do not even realize this.

It is fear that brings about things like peer pressure. Nobody is free from it but the extent to which it influences people is startling.

People ensure their own downfall, at times, when they are too busy catering to what the world will think of some action of theirs and, in the process, overlook what they really ought to be doing. It is here that I shall admit that I, too, have been guilty of the same in the not so distant past.

I do not wish to fret upon it for that will change nothing. I would, however, change things if I could.

If only I could …



I feel like confessing tonight. Confessing my truths, my regrets, my joys, my dreams, anything that occurs to me right now … alas … confessions, here, shall serve no real purpose.

I have been spending monstrously huge time with myself which has given me enough time to reassess myself. Of what I’ve done wrong lately and what I’ve been doing right. Wrong and right, off course, here refer to my perception of them.

I hope that I shall not hesitate from embarking upon whatever paths I may choose, consciously or sub consciously, in the near future.

As far as my ’wrongs’ go I can only hope I get a chance, somewhere, somehow, to rectify them, provided they do not prove to be incorrigible in the first place.

Until then I shall keep doing what I do best.

.

.

.

.

Dream on …

Goodnight
A.G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home