Web Analytics and Web Statistics by NextSTAT Caffeinated Cogitation: 06/06/06

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

06/06/06

The number of the beast. So says the Bible. It turns out the Bible finally got one right.

Mr. Arneja, I am guessing, would be smiling if he ever read this, though I doubt he ever will. The reasons for this shall not be mentioned here.

What shall be mentioned here, on the other hand, is why I believe the aforementioned date is, in fact, the number of the beast. The beast, probably, is the University that shall hand me my degree at the end of my graduation. The story follows.

Note – The number of the beast also happens to be one of Iron Maiden’s finest albums, I believe, to date. That’s a hard rock band, in case you did not know.

Anyways … continuing …

Nincompoops inhabit P.T.U

This, I believe is a fact that has been established beyond all measure of doubt and now should be painted across the walls of every PTU affiliated college.

The sanity of the concerned authorities is also under question by me.

I find myself unable to resist the temptation to question the importance of actually studying the syllabus for any PTU paper.(since rarely do they ask questions from it).

Anyways, here’s what happened today.

The clock screamed 9:30 which indicated the start of our RTS (Real Time Systems) examination.

Now, as is becoming habitual with me, I glimpsed at Mr. Jha (since he receives the paper before I do) and waited, patiently, for a reaction. It was the same Kuch nahin aata look on his face which I am now beginning to get accustomed to.
The alarm bells started ringing when I noticed Ms. Pal, seated two seats behind him, smiling with her right hand on her face looking the question paper. I then turned to Ms. Verma for hope and I found the same effective reaction. All the above 75% ers were perplexed.
That should be indication enough of the state of the paper. You see these toppers( and quite a few more) are people who rarely emote during an examination and to see things change in this exam was horrendous and gratifying at the same time.
Horrendous because of the implications the question paper would have on people like me and gratifying because now, maybe, they know what we go through in most papers !

Anyways, the examination began with murmurs arising out of the entire class. The external invigilator offered us condolence saying the problem would be solved soon. Off course he never showed up again after saying that.

Now, in such a paper, most people are out to salvage the most they can from it. This, in turn, requires more than just a fair bit of concentration. This is when Mrs. Aman (Our Ex- DAA teacher) steps in the classroom announcing that some students still haven’t paid up for the Seniors’ Farewell. Wow . Perfect timing.

This was followed by our RTS lecturer Mrs. Arunima telling us to attempt each question. The only problem here was that the below 75% ers had no clue what to write about.

How do we know what Fault Tolerant Architectures are?

TMR should probably stand for Totally Meaningless Redundancy .

I’m assuming you get what I am trying to tell you here.

Off course the above 75 % ers would’ve had no problems writing SOMETHING that would thereby enable them to get grace marks.

A single song resonated in my mind for the entire duration of the exam Rape Me – Nirvana
I think it is apt and ironic how the song seemed to fit, perfectly, the situation I found myself in.

Calls to Mr. Gupta for some points to elucidate upon proved to be futile. (Except in the last 2 minutes, by which time it was already too little too late.)

I spent the three hours writing about things I had no clue about, finalizing my plans for the 6 months training, imagining what it would be like if I were to stand up and run away with my answer sheet amongst other things that are best left unmentioned.

I still do not know what hit me during those three hours but it sure was unpleasant.

For Mr. Sahore, though, it was just another exam.

Goodnight.

A.G

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written Aseem.

4:44 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

Why in the world can people not mention their names? Is that so difficult to type out?

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easily one of the most well authored blogs around. Keep it up Aseem !!!

5:50 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

Actually ... no, this isn't exactly one of the most well authored blogs around.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Chitra said...

Ha ha! O Aseem! you got rid of one anonymous only to meet another one.
:-)
Good Luck. lol.

11:10 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

Ahh... the anonymous people of the world conspire against me.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Chitra said...

lol...... ya ya why not. people don't have anything else to do na.

11:16 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

People always have lots to do. They just do not know what it is in most cases.

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sir,
i was jst surffing at orkut.... reached ur blog.....read ur posts....... ur WAY of EXPRESSION is really GOOD.

i could nt stop myself to comment on this one ...... while reading this post of urs....i felt as if 'THE NO. OF BEAST' was rolling in front of me.......i could visualize everything tht had happen in the exam. hall.....as if i went back in past nd could see sittin right thr, somewhere around.

It remind me of all the emotions, thoughts tht run through whn we are sittin in exam. hall and waitin for the question-paper. THe cutest part to me was ur habit to glimpse at Mr. Jha nd other fellow. The one to which i cn co-relate (might be similar to many more), at ur place its my frnd(SimAr) and myself(first one to gt the ques.paper among all) thr instead of Mr. Jha........it made me smile nd refresh few cute memories related to 2 of us.

But apart from this, whn I read another few lines of urs they pulled me back. Back to the realty; the poor condition of PTU management, specially regardin the conduct of Exam. You brought it very well.
i'm also a part of it, the situation was same whn we had our MP-exam. the diff. was of 'the BEAST NO.', again nothing is done ......what happens each time is jst that a little talks are made as u did & i too by writtin in here...as time turns these talks remain to continue wth a HOPE tht some day a MIRACLE WILL HAPPEN.
Till thn we poor people can jst relate it wth few things either a no. or something else.

U ve written it very well.
Kudos! ......nice blog

Adios
Monica

3:55 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

I belive, Ms. Kashyap, this is the most detailed comment I have ever read on any post. Thank you for your observations.

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOPS!! I must restrict to this one now else it will be a long one again....must say I've a long way to go....at least I've learned not to repeat.
Still, i just mentiond what all i felt meanwhile 4gt tht i'm adding comment bt nt sendin a mail.
Adios

1:18 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

I hope, Ms. Kashyap, that guilt does not surround you for writing your comments in detail. I did not comprehend much of what you meant to explain in your latest comment though.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its true nd tht's it wht u ve comprehend.. ..each time i wrote wht i felt....ur response again remind me smthing nd tht ws it. At times, thr are load of things bt i prefr keepin thm to me.....thts y i wrote 'i ve a long way to go'
well nyways .... for u happy bloggin ...its been good to reach ur blog.
i jst wish to say it here only ...i've read many of ur entries(Hope u won't mind)...i must ADMIRE U this time.
GUD LUCK!!!! 4 LIFE

7:05 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

Umm... things are clearer now.
Thank you for stopping by. Oh, and THANK GOD somebody's finally posted under their name instead of anonymous !!! Yippie !!!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO...things r not.....i belive, Mr. Gill, u didnt observe my writings well; in th very frst on this post i'v mentiond it (WITH NAME) thr at th top only, "i was jst surffing....ur WAY of EXPRESSION is really GOOD." (can refer above)
Tht was for the frst time i reachd here.
It was aftr that...till now, i read ur post. So, wishd to mention the same as did!

Well..lol & 4 tht I'm extremly sorry, i'm nt laughing at u. It's so coz this one (Yippie!!) sound cUTe :) ....sorry to say "NO YIppiE!! :( "

Also, sorry to say, "Some1 iS STILL AnOnyMOus!!!"

i thought that previous 1 was my last. Bt again, it was required to write nd speak.
Pretty long again, cn't help this time. i'm suposed to repeat..Hah!

Someday the person 'll definitly turn up....till than Here are loads of HOPE.

Nyway........gudluck!:)

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ForGEt to wRite:

i think, i must mention it here....its related to 06/06/06.....2day we had M3 nd same was repeated.

i observed a lot, as i always do.

Kudos to THe aRtfUl dodger(THINKER)
Adios.

8:11 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

Ms. Kashyap, I wish to make it clear that you needn't explain anything here. Everything is takn int he right spirit.
The remarks regarding 'anonymous' were not meant for you. I merely made a general observation.

About M3 ... yes i heard of the hurricane that lasted three houra in the exmination halls today.

May luck be with you. that is all that i can say.
Amen to that.

12:17 AM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

Darned typos !!!

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darned Typos, thr was no typing mistake.....bt really dnt know what was it...... THt's PTU

hope, bt i'm prepared coz i knw the truth nd cn't rUn :) ....thanks nywAy.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home