Web Analytics and Web Statistics by NextSTAT Caffeinated Cogitation: Is This Goodbye?

Monday, May 22, 2006

Is This Goodbye?

This might very well be the beginning of the end of this blog.
I look around and all I see is people taking up blogging to make a fashion statement. I find that pathetic. Don't turn this into a popularity contest. PLEASE.

Self expression is dying. On my blog as well I think. It is already dead at most other places.
Worthwhle posts have been on a decline here. Wish I could have the old days back.
People who have no idea of expression have taken to blogging and people who I believe are the ones who should be blogging in the first place don't. You may choose to feel insulted or complimeted. It makes no difference to me. This is directed to most people in general.

The reason why I visit only a select few blogs now is because I do not find anything worthwhile on most blogs. By worthwhile i mean possessing content that is from the heart or genuine or plain old logical facts. Those sort of things. I overlook all these points, though, if I find the language of a particular post, or blog in general, to be specially beautiful and well woven. Rarely have I come across that though.
It's similar to journalism if you look at it. There are very few newspaper (blogs) that have articles (posts) that make sense. That makle you feel like going through them.
I never wished for this blog to be made public. I merely forgot to add code that causes Google's bots not to index this blog so that it doesnt show up in Google's (or any other engine's ) search results.
Ahh... that is my fault though.

I am not planning on quitting blogging completely though. I only plan to post my more serious, and perhaps germane, posts on another blog which shall not be accessed by anyone. No amount of Google searches shall provide any links to it and neither shall I be generous enough to provide anyone with the link to it.
Maybe that way I can maintain some of the sanctity of this art they call blogging.

Offcourse this is still just a thought.
Who knows ... there may be hope for this blog yet.


So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?
And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have you found? The same old fears.
Wish you were here.


Goodnight
A.G

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, it's getting too much.
but I seriously doubt if this blog post is going to change anything.

12:21 AM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

I wrote what I believe was in order here.

1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats the problem with you? Why do you have to give a particular shape to everything? Blogging is all about self expression. There are no rules stating what kind expression it should be. So its an individual's wish how he/she wants to use it. You don't like it anymore so quit it na. Why critcize anyone and why so much of drama? "Jo garjate hain wo baraste nahi."

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you did not post my comment. I knew it. If you don't like anything simply quit it. Why criticize any one else. No one is asking you to read others' blog.

8:07 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

@Anyonymous (I have no choice but to address you by this name since you do not possess the maturity to let your identity be known) ... I choose to give a particular shape to everything because that is how I define my world. that is how I view my world and the world around me.

Second ... "there are no rules" ... I agree but must this phrase be so brutally be misinterpreted? Are you trying to tell me no line needs to be drawn? Ever? Anywhere?

Here's a befitting example ...
As a person trust is one thing that , logically, has no rules. You can trsut someone or break their trust. Do anything you want to. The latter, though, is not unadvisable. Why? Because it's an UNWRITTEN rule.

Thirdly ... "Blogging is about self expression". Correct. Answer this - WHERE is the self expression?
Why has it not been coming forth anywhere lately?

Fourthly ... I am NOT quitting blogging (online or offline). Only the medium may/may not change. You clearly are no good at interpreting the real meaning words express.

Moving to your second remark ... "Noone is asking you to read other's blog".

Again, Firstly ... please pick up a Wren and Martin and learn sentence formation first. There is nothing more that I am beginning to hate more than the abuse of a language. Any language.

Moving on ... advice from people posting as Anonymous on subjects such as the future of this blog is not solicited or paid heed to.

If it were all the same to you you wouldn't have bothered posting your rather inane remarks in the first place.

Lastly, About criticizing anyone else ... I find it queer how this allegation seems soaked with a guilty conscience.

I shall be glad to answer any other queries you may have.

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home