Web Analytics and Web Statistics by NextSTAT Caffeinated Cogitation: The Sound of Silence

Monday, February 27, 2006

The Sound of Silence

Silence is undoubtedly one of the most potent tools known to mankind. Pity, then, that most of us choose to run away from it. Why is silence so uncomfortable to almost all of us? Why is it percieved as a sign of some sort of disturbance?
Today was an unusually 'quiet' day for me spent mostly engaging myself on thoughts on various subjects. During the duration of these thoughts, whih consumed the better part of the day, I was asked by atleast six people questions to the effect of Aseem, tu itna chup kyun hai? Koi problem hai? Itna dukhi kyun hai?

I would have loved to reply back but what would I have said?
Only someone who has had this experience first hand can have an idea of the power that silence holds.
It is one of the greatest teachers I have ever had. Something that has never failed me. That I can seek respite in whenever required.
Nobody understands that. Maybe because nobody can fathom that.
I know this may sound weird to most, or maybe even all, of you but that's me for you. Weird.

And you know what?
I wouldn't have it any other way.
Goodnight
A.G

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey There!
i copletely agree, Silence is powerful, is the only way to learn.
It has a beauty of its own. It can frustrating at some times, soothing at other.A good friend i must say. :-)

10:26 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

May I please know who this is?

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats there in a name Dear? lol. :-)

6:09 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

Haha This has to be Maliaka-e-Hind !!!

9:59 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

I mean Mallika-e-Hind

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol. What makes you think that I am a girl?

10:00 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

Well if you're not then be a MAN and reveal yourself. hah.

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice attempt! Once again........ i completely agree with you. silence is powerful. :-) also frustrating at times. cya.

11:08 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

Very well then ... cya

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute..........

thats y its frustrating at times

12:45 AM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

Delightful answer.

Nice thought @Anonymous

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home