Web Analytics and Web Statistics by NextSTAT Caffeinated Cogitation: Idiotic Truths

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Idiotic Truths

I’m back. Yet again.

I would’ve said I’ve been busy but I cannot justify it completely so pretend you didn’t read this.
Anyway now that I am back I would like to share some truths of life …

Java is crap.

Everybody who’s anybody wishes to pursue Java. I personally believe it is meant for idiots who have too much free time on their hands. Not only is it illogically complicated but it tends to confuse you even more if you try to understand it.

I am almost through with Core and advanced Java and I can tell you from experience that almost nothing is repeated. By this I mean that every new topic in Java has a totally new concept and has absolutely nothing to do with the previous one. This, in effect, means that once you begin to understand to finally get the hang of a particular module you find you have you have to move on to the next one, which, of course, is something completely new and that leaves you feeling as if you’re studying a whole new language. Now imagine doing this every single day for two months straight.

I can now believe that people can actually pull their hair out with their bare hands.

Now, I know most people (esp. Java fan boys) would say that it’s got so and so features but … why the HELL does it have to be so … so … so damned weird/frustrating/complicated?

C++, by contrast, applies many of its concepts in various modules. For example, Friend functions may find use in Inheritance. Something like servlets (Java), however, have absolutely nothing in common with something like RMI. I know this was probably a one sided example but you don’t get it … I HATE JAVA. I’d rather spend time banging my head against a wall or attending lectures at college.

Sun Microsystems wanted to torture students like me so they devised an evil scheme and called it Java.

I can go on and on but I shall be moving on now. Oh and don’t bother defending Java. I absolutely refuse to listen to any pro-Java comments. Justified or unjustified. If you think Java rocks then I don’t like you.

Sigh … liberating …

Maninder’s Card Playing Strategies:

Mr. Arora rarely, if ever, graces us with his presence when we’re playing cards. When he does he prefers choosing Hearts as his colour, which, in most cases, proves to be his undoing. He prefers playing cards for the sake of playing them which can best be described in his own words – Ena dimaag kaanu laana? Mein taan bas patte sutti chalne ne.

No wonder he loses on most occasions.

Maninder’s Cricketing strategies:

Mr. Arora , again, rarely, if ever, graces us with his presence when were playing cricket in the basement, which, by the way, is a bushel of fun ! 6 commas in one statement. Nice !

Anyway, he has a knack of breaking his spectacles when he bats, bowls or fields. That, I shall admit, is a talent possessed only by a chosen few. Mr. Arora, ergo, would have to be their king.

He normally bowls slow spinning deliveries which are mostly good enough to get Arneja out.

Downloading movies and then deleting them without watching them:

This is one of the hot favorite pastimes here:

We always have multiple movies on downloading here but we never get to see them. You see in order to accommodate the new movies we need to delete stuff. That stuff also happens to be movies since they are in the same league size wise. So we delete previously downloaded movies which haven’t been watched in order to make room for the new ones. This is one vicious cycle.

Having soft drinks approximately 3 times a week:

It is, by now, a well established fact here that once the clock is about to strike 12 at night at least one scooter with a Punjab registration number will be seen exiting from the main Sector 40 gate and will be seen coming back 15 minutes later.

I suppose the reason is already clear.

Maninder’s one inch punch:

Since Mr. Arora seems to be on my mind right now ( Don’t get any wrong ideas here !) I’d like to mention a little about his one inch punch. He saw a Bruce clip that showed him executing the above said punch and he has been trying to perfect the same punch by practising it on me.

Mr. Arneja is … Chicken !

Mr. Arneja cannot watch a Chicken being slaughtered. He can cook it without any qualms. He can wash it without any qualms. He can eat it without any qualms but he won’t watch it being slaughtered. Hmm … Weird …

Half of Punjab is blatantly copying us:

This is with reference to dancing. I was fortunate enough to be at the Rayat fest this time around as well and I thought I’d be able to get ideas for our own dances in the near future. What I saw, though, was more of a copy of our own selves up on stage there. More than half the teams performed the robot. Some of them took our steps. Some took our routines, formations, music etc etc.

KML were last year’s MOOD INDIGO Group Dance Winners:

This fact had been brought to my knowledge only yesterday and quite frankly none of us think KML is that good a team. No offence to KML but even WE are better than them !

I would love to state a few interesting points here but I have just found out, much to my amazement, that Mr Inderpreet Sing (GRE Vaale) Is finally online after a gap of almost five months.


I must leave in order to pay homage.

Until next time

Goodnight
A.G

7 Comments:

Blogger Phoenix said...

nice post...also, java is ok, not great..but one thing i have never understood with it is why the hell cant they have a better way of taking data inputs other than just strings...i mean i love cin and cout.

4:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahhahahahahaa!

I'm pleased, to say the very least, to read your observations regarding the language of the masses (read: Java) from the JavaDon himself ! It must be my lucky day.

That said, welcome to the dull, monotonous world of Java programming buddy. It's as boring as it gets, though people around me tend to say, "if it gets you a job and money, why not?"

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems as if "love" is a word to be associated only with regard to females.

Love for a job or work has taken a backseat while other emotions take over in this domain.

Still, work is one of the components of a man's love for life.

11:08 AM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

Absolutely Phoenix !!! Cin and Cout rock. They didn't implement that in because it would have actually made Java easier. Mmph ...

2:20 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

I do not care how much money is offered for Java jobs. ( I assure it is preposterously high at times!)I do not think you read what I had to say.
Simply put ... I HATE JAVA.
Now that's better.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Anmol Dhand said...

Hahahahahah!!!

TCL/TK rocks bro!!!

4:08 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

Hmph. Anything is seems to be better than Java.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home