Web Analytics and Web Statistics by NextSTAT Caffeinated Cogitation: Of Courtesy and Night-Outs

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Of Courtesy and Night-Outs

The Ground rule of Elementary Courtesy:

ALWAYS listen to someone when they're talking to you - especially in one-on-one conversations. Avoid fiddling with your mobile phones and avoid phrases like "I'm sorry I wasn't listening" - such acts and phrases are NOT appreciated and cause what almost always transforms into bitterness. (A transformation that seems to have started in my case).


Just like always, none of you shall know what I'm talking about and just like always - maybe that's a good thing.

On a different note, The Winter Ball concluded yesterday (correction today in the morning). It went off well , as expected.
Karma performed for almost for three hours. The vocals were good and so was the lead guitaring. There, however, a lady standing on stage seemingly doing little except pretend to be having a good time out there. Anyways this ended at around midnight which was perhaps the cue for the DJ to strut his stuff.
32 speakers ( which would be more than all the speakers of all the disc of chandigarh combined) blaring out sound in a closed soundproof auditorium with lasers, uv rays and special effects. I think that says it all.
The food was catered to by Essex so that rocked as well. They had pretty much everything imaginable for snacks.
It felt extremely nice to finally be somewhere where sanity still exists. It's a 'cheapskate-free' Ball (so that eliminates the entry for almost all males from my present college.)
Women were drinking as usual (everybody was able to 'hold their drinks') and the clothes just keep on decreasing. The best part, though, was that it is treated as no big deal (probably the way it should be). Change the scene to my present college and you can expect riots within minutes.

Took a round of the school again and man has it gone from cool to supercool!!!
A visit to this particular instituition shall prove my point to you.

I think that should suffice for now.
I haven't slept for more than 6 hours in the past three days and maybe that explains my current languid state.
That's it from me for now.
Peace Out
A.G


Stuck In A Moment - U2

I'm not afraid
Of anything in this world
There's nothing you can throw at me
That I haven't already heard

I'm just trying to find
A decent melody
A song that I can sing
In my own company

I never thought you were a fool
But darling look at you
You gotta stand up straight
Carry your own weight
These tears are going nowhere baby

You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment
And now you can't get out of it

Don't say that later will be better
Now you're stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it

I will not forsake
The colors that you bring
The nights you filled with fireworks
They left you with nothing

I am still enchanted
By the light you brought to me
I listen through your ears
Through your eyes I can see

And you are such a fool
To worry like you do
I know it's tough
And you can never get enough
Of what you don't really need now
My, oh my

You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it

Oh love, look at you now
You've got yourself stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it

I was unconscious, half asleep
The water is warm 'til you discover how deep

I wasn't jumping, for me it was a fall
It's a long way down to nothing at all

You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it

Don't say that later will be better
Now you're stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it

And if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if our way should falter
Along the stony pass

And if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if your way should falter
Along this stony pass

It's just a moment
This time will pass

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd like to see how you conduct yourself when you too have a cellphone.

10:37 PM  
Blogger The Artful Dodger said...

We shall see what we shall see.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home